Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Inspired?

Assalamualaikum everyone.
I know it's been awhile since I last blogged. I just wasn't inspired enough. I didn't want to write random and crappy things here. One thing about blogging that pisses me off is that when you get ideas, like suddenly, out of the blues, a lighted bulb appear right in front of me. I get all excited and ecstatic but once I open up a tab, typing in blogger.com, then, the 'create a new post' is at the tip of my nose, I just go all blank.

So yes, that was basically what happened to me all this while. So, I've finally came up with the idea to just blog about what happened when I was going through my 'blank phase'. So here it goes.

Last Friday, some of my pals and myself went to the Debate Competition Finals at SMK Kiaramas. Okay, I'm not going to brag about what I did there because obviously, I was there to listen to them debate. Oh ya, by the way, my school was in the finals. And the debaters were Nareen, Aqilla, Natalie. Okay, coming back to my point, I'm just going to share a lil something about the event because man I tell you, it's one hack of a debate. As all of us know, debating happens when there are two parties arguing on a certain matter. So there will automatically be a supporting party, and vice versa. My school was the opposition while our opponent was the government (supporting party). The 3 Musketeers from SMK I shall not say its name.

They had to debate on the topic, 'Facebook is a Positive Interactive Tools for Teenagers'. Well, while the argument and debating was going on stage, we had our own little argument amongst the audiences. Hahaha, it was kind of hilarious that the fact we felt the fire burning inside us when the government was sort of being rude and insensitive to our finalists. We discussed about everyone's points and stuff. It was a really interesting and intense experience. But unfortunately, our school came as the runner up in the Sentul Zone. As what Miss Goh had quoted, it was one stinging lost. It's because all of us was really hoping for them to win. They had debated their asses off. xD Like seriously. But I guess things happen for a reason?

To be truly honest, I was really impressed at Aqilla, Natalie and Nareen. You know why? They managed to keep their cool when they were debating. Cause I tell you, those 3 musketeers were not kitty cats. Their eyes were definitely on the prize. To me, debating is all about acting professional. Those opponents could just simply throw words at you like no one's business. And that is why those 3 St Marians have impressed me. I mean, if I were to be in their shoes, I might just have shouted and even say nasty words to those guys. They were really professional, plus they had their points. They succeeded to convince me by how they present their speech, the facts that they had and like I said, how professional they were.

Well, most importantly, they managed to prove to me that facebook is not a positive interactive tool for teenagers. Hahaha. I guess those judges ramai guna facebook kot. xD Honestly, one of the main reasons why I decided to write about this is because this is one thing that I would like to improve on. Not on debating, but on how I keep myself calm when problems arise. How to think properly before you say something. That something might be either useless or bad. 

I have this really bad habit on just being too frank. I just say it and assume everyone will accept it. Without me realizing (well, until now), I've actually may hurt or already hurt someone by this habit of mine. So it's actually a new goal for me. Everyone knows that a habit is one difficult thing to remove or change. So, I'll try my best to improve on my mulut laser.

I'm sorry if I've hurt any of your feelings. I just can't manage to control myself. I hope you'll pray for me to change to better.

Okay, panjang gila pulak this entry. I really you hope guys are able to reach till this part cause it was one valueless experience for me. And I hope I at least gave something in return to you guys. I'm trying my best to make this blog as a sharing experience and thoughts medium instead of a public diary. 

A special shout out to those debaters, and also Chelsea, Priya and Tee for being the backbone of the debate team. Congratulations you guys! You know you all deserved to win champion but yeah... You guys did amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment